Looking for the ultimate multi-tasking content sharing tool?
Look no further than the LinkedIn Share button / bookmarklet. Sometimes it’s the simplest tools that are the most powerful.
Finding and sharing valuable content with your network is critical to building your social influence. Sharing other people’s content (OPC) is almost as valuable as sharing your own.
To find step-by-step instructions on how to find, share, and respond to content quickly, read on.
PART I: SHARE CONTENT ON LINKEDIN
STEP 1: FIND A 1ST CONNECTION, SOMEONE WITH INDUSTRY INFLUENCE WHO HAS WRITTEN AN ARTICLE OF VALUE TO YOUR NETWORK
(Ideally, you have set up recurring reminders on LinkedIn to remind you to stay in touch with influencers and others.)
STEP 2: SELECT AN ARTICLE THEY PUBLISHED ON LINKEDIN
Go to this person’s profile and select a strong article they’ve published on LinkedIn.
STEP 3. CLICK ON THE LINKEDIN SHARE BUTTON
STEP 4: USE THE MENTION FEATURE BY TYPING OUT THEIR NAME
In this way, the person is notified you’ve shared their content, and people who view the article can quickly click the link to the author’s LinkedIn profile.
STEP 5: CHECK THE TWITTER BOX
If the person has a Twitter account updated in LinkedIn, their handle will be automatically included in the Tweet, when the Twitter box is checked. (See below)
STEP 6: CHECK THE “POST TO GROUPS” BOX
- Type in the name of each group you feel is appropriate to share the article with. You can add multiple groups at once.
- Type in a title and some detail, if you like.
STEP 7: CHECK THE “POST TO INDIVIDUALS” BOX
- Type in the name of the person or people (you can add multiple names) you want to share the article with.
- Type in a Subject and a personalized message.
PART II: INSTALL THE LINKEDIN BOOKMARKLET ON YOUR BROWSER
If you have the bookmarklet on your browser, you can share an article from anywhere on the internet.
STEP 1: CLICK HERE TO GET THE SHARING BOOKMARKLET
A bookmarklet refers to a link you put as a bookmark (link) on your browser that is easily accessible as you surf the web.
STEP 2: PUT YOUR CURSOR OVER THE LINKEDIN LOGO AND DRAG IT UP TO YOUR BROWSER
STEP 3: FIND AN INTERESTING ARTICLE ON THE INTERNET
STEP 4: CLICK ON THE LINKEDIN SHARE BUTTON OR THE “SHARE ON LINKEDIN” BOOKMARKLET
Either way, you will get the same LinkedIn dialogue box.
PART III: SEE WHO INTERACTED WITH THE CONTENT
Now, once you’ve shared it, you can check who interacted with it in notifications and in your updates stats.
STEP 1: CHECK YOUR UPDATES STATS –> ON RIGHT HAND COLUMN OF HOME PAGE
Look for the text that says, Who’s Viewed Your Updates
STEP 2: HOVER YOUR CURSOR OVER THE COMMENT / LIKE DOTS TO SEE WHO’S INTERACTED WITH YOUR SHARED CONTENT
Reading, sharing, liking and commenting on content is at the heart of building social influence. This little tool can quickly help you accomplish all of these important social selling activities:
- Stay current about industry trends by reading an article.
- Give an important person in your industry (influencer) increased visibility by promoting their good work, and making sure they know it.
- Increase your influence and that of the influencer, simultaneously, on both LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Share the same valuable content instantly with your LinkedIn Groups.
- Demonstrate your expertise and personalize your engagement with a prospect by sending them the article along with a personal note.
Celina Guerrero is founder of Los Angeles-based social sales strategy and training company, Social to Sales. We help you transform expertise into revenue.
Interested in learning more? Contact Celina at 310-994-8099, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or sign up for our weekly e-news and blog updates by clicking HERE.